8 Week Plans
Our first 8 week plan for 2020-21 (September 2020) is on Mental Health and we feel it is important this plays a significant role after the recent school closure.
The aims of the current plan are as follows:
To develop emotional literacy vocabulary
· To learn strategies to self-regulate
· To enable everyone to be settled in school and then achieve their best
· To improve relationships between all
· For individuals to know who and how to ask for help
· For school to be a nurturing, healthy environment for all
· To share the rationale of Emotion Coaching and develop it’s use in SJS
· To understand that happiness is linked to being connected to others
· To recognise the early signs of mental wellbeing concerns
· For all to understand the benefits and importance of physical exercise, time outdoors, community participation and voluntary activities on mental wellbeing and happiness
Every term we have an 8 week plan which helps us to focus on a development priority. Next term, we will be working on our blogging to improve our writing across the school.